Created with flickr slideshow.

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Flora and Fauna

It has become a little project of mine to take pictures of all the new flowers that we've encountered along the way. With spring arriving quickly, I thought I'd share a few of my finds! I'm sure most of you have seen these flowers before, but the little color they add to the Trail has been a daily boost.

Kyle and I have also been fortunate enough to see a wide range of fauna as well (though no bear yet!). Innumerable birds, white tail deer, a hen turkey, several salamanders, a few lizards, a snake, and a few curious bovines. We have also heard coyotes howling on several occasions, as well as the sleep preventing hooting of owls!












1 comment:

  1. Love the posies! I recognize the little blue flowers in your first picture from the woods behind the house I grew up in. They were always one of the first signs of spring! And btw, I LOLed when I saw the dandelion... Nicely done. :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete