Created with flickr slideshow.

Monday, May 27, 2013

Happy Memorial Day

Kyle has filled you in on what we have been up to of late so I'll just add a few tied bits and share some pictures.

The Washington Monument that we visited was also visited by my father while he was in college (probably around the same time of the year that we were there!) It was awesome.being able to recreated some of the pictures that he took there and share that experience with him.

In case any of you are wondering, yes, the rumors you hear about the rocks in northern Virginia, Maryland, and Pennsylvania are all true. It is a rare thing to have one's feet flat on the Trail these days, as the entire Trail seems to be composed of rocks ranging from the zise of tennis balls to SUVs.

I'm writing this from the living room of Deb Crissinger who picked us up and gave us a place to stay, shower, dinner, and I can smell breakfast (bacon mmmm) cooking right now!

 Today is Memorial Day and only the second time in my life that I have been unable to attend  the Memorial Day family reunion in Indiana, PA. If any of my relatives there are reading this just know that I really miss being there (and drinking inordinate amounts of pop) and I hope not to miss many more. Also, don't forget the real reason for this holiday. Our veterans deserve our respect and our prayers.





















1 comment:

  1. We missed you yesterday but Kenton took a few shots for you in the first few rounds but I really think he would have much preferred you to be there in person!! Enjoyed seeing the bridge pics with concrete barriers between you and the traffic. Love ya, Dad

    ReplyDelete