Created with flickr slideshow.

Friday, May 3, 2013

So Kyle has caught you up with our progress so I'll give you a little update on my gear. Even though I have only been using my gear for a month and a half I have to keep in mind that it has been used almost daily for 725 miles! My fleece coat has a scorch mark and a little hole from burning campfire embers. My short sleeved shirt that I have worn literally every day has a hole where the hip belt of my backpack has been wearing. My pants have a hole in the pant leg where either a stray stick or a trekking pole placement gone awry punctured the fabric. The same applies to my rain pants. My rain coat has a few snags from thorny branches. My backpack has a small hole in the side pocket from a spare tire bolt in the back of Gary's (from the Blueberry Patch Hostel) Jeep. And my shoes ha e multiple holes, tears, and loose soles. So Daleville was the end of the line for my first pair of shoes that I have affectionately known as twinkle toes. They served me well and deserve a better farewell than a Kroger's trash can, but I think that's howthey would have wanted to go. Enjoy some pictures dedicated to Twinkle Toes.


















2 comments:

  1. Rest in peace, Twinkle Toes! Great update, Ty! Love the ponies and the fence scaling ladders. Very cool! My favorite pictures are the ones on the over hang though. Made my fingers tingle! :)
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have really been enjoying keeping up with you on your hiking blog. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures you have captured. Just "please", not too many more of the "dangling over the cliff" ones ?? We are praying for you, and miss seeing you at church. Bob and Helen Mc.

    ReplyDelete